NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
BENCH-A-THON. Hosted by BodyBuilding.com
• Sunday, December 7 // 7-9pm at the SERF
• Free event and giveaways for all participants
• Limit of 50 participants--learn more here.
ZUMBA WORKSHOPS. Rec Sports will be hosting two Zumba workshops led by Kelly Bullard at the SERF.
• Zumba Basic 1: Saturday, January 17 Get everything you need to start teaching Zumba® classes in one action-packed day! Learn to build routines for the four basic rhythms and soon you’ll be ready to rock your first live class. This course teaches you the foundation and formula to teach Zumba® classes! You'll learn the basic steps to the four basic Zumba rhythms (merengue, salsa, cumbia, reggaeton), and then learn how to put these steps together into a song. Pretty soon you'll have enough songs to lead your first Zumba class! And don't worry, Zumba Fitness is right behind you with all the tools and resources you'll need to lead successful Zumba classes.
• Zumba Basic 2: Sunday January 18 This course is now packed with more content and flavor than ever: Learn six more rhythms (belly dance, flamenco, tango, samba, plus two new high-intensity rhythms, soca and quebradita) while reinforcing the Zumba® formula in an easy, effective class for everyone. You’ll also learn advanced dance-fitness techniques like music fusion and stylistic separation, network and share choreography with the most dedicated and knowledgeable instructors, and spend time enhancing your professional skills. License: One-year basic Zumba® license. Prerequisite: Must be a current Zumba Instructor (up to 50% off for ZIN™ Members).
Learn more and register at zumba.com
GENERAL FITNESS. Please note the changes in our program names:
• Group-X is now Group Fitness.
• Specialty Yoga is now Mind-Body Studio (with all-new classes starting Fall 2014). - Click on the link above for Free Trials dates!
• Training Camps are now Small Group Training. - Click on the link above for Free Trials dates!
EVENTS. The Fitness/Wellness Events page has moved! You can now find all event details on the Events & Outreach page (located on the main menu along the left side of your screen).