PLAY FUTSAL AT THE SERF
Due to the overwhelming interest expressed by students, Rec Sports recently added Intramural and Open Recreational Futsal in Gym 3 at the SERF. If you're looking to drop by the SERF for a game, here is what you need to know about when, where, and how to play.
WHERE AND WHEN CAN I PLAY?
Play Futsal all day, every day! One court will be available for Futsal (by reservation) and one court will be available for Volleyball (by reservation).
HOW DO I RESERVE A COURT?
Please call the SERF Towel Room at (608) 262-8244 to reserve your court up to three days in advance.
WHAT ARE CHALLENGE COURTS?
Challenge courts are open courts reserved for Futsal. Two courts will be open on a first come, first served basis. Just show up and play!
WHY DID THE TIMES CHANGE?
Rec Sports witnessed a great turnout for Open Recreational Futsal during our trial period, and we are excited to be able to continue offering the sport in the challenge court format for the remainder of the spring semester. This decision was made after considering the demand for court time by other sports, the guaranteed participation in Intramural programs, and our limited facility space.
We continue to ask for your feedback -- whether you think Futsal needs more court time or less, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
WHAT IS FUTSAL?
Futsal may be compared to Indoor Soccer, with a few differences. In short, a Futsal court is delimited by the black basketball court lines. These lines indicate "out of bounds" and walls/boards may not be used in play. Futsal is also played using a smaller ball with less bounce than a regular soccer ball.
WHERE DO I GET EQUIPMENT AND WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
- You may check out Futsal balls from the SERF Towel Room with a valid Wiscard.
- To protect our facilities, only balls provided by Rec Sports will be permitted for use, unless otherwise directed by a staff member.
- You must wear flat-bottom, non-marking shoes in the gyms at all times.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- Games consist of 5 vs. 5 matches
- The first team to score 7 goals will be declared the winner
- "Next" can be called by any individual or team during an ongoing game. That team will play the winner of the current game
- The black basketball court lines mark the out-of-bounds. Walls and boards are not used as in indoor soccer.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Rec Sports is listening to the students. We want your feedback about rules, court availability, policies, and processes to improve our Futsal offering.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for change and what is and is not working.
Please note that this is a shared space for soccer, volleyball, and basketball players. In order to balance the interests of all participants, compromises may have to be made. That being said, it is our goal to provide the best possible experience for all participants moving forward.