Registration for all Spring 2014 sports opens at 9am on January 14th.
Students cannot participate in Intramural Sports until they go online and activate their IMLeagues account. Once activated, students can create and customize teams, view virtual trophy cases and performance records, access team message boards and much more. IMLeagues also provides an overview of the sports and activities offered each semester.
HOW TO REGISTER A TEAM:
- IM Sports Calendar - Refer to the IM Sports Calendar for currently offered sports and registration dates. Registration for all sports will open the first day of classes each semester.
- Activate your IMLeagues Account - All Intramural Sports participants are required to activate their IMLeagues account prior to play.
- Registration - during the registration period you will need to complete the captain's quiz, create your team's profile, provide payment, and select your desired division (day/time) of play.
- Add Players To Your Team - Be sure to add all your players early, as certain leagues require a minimum number of players on the team’s roster prior to a captain being able to complete the registration process. Players may also request to join teams.
- IMLeagues - Visit the IMLeagues webpage often to manage your roster, check your statistics, pick up free agents and most importantly view your schedules and results.
Please note, the Intramural Sports Administrative Staff reserves the right to alter any team name or logo judged to be obscene, derogatory, vulgar, offensive, contains profanity or is not within the spirit of good sportsmanship. The team will not be able to compete until the name has been changed and become suitable.
The Competitive league is intended for those teams that have had some experience with organized play in that sport. This league is designed for teams whose primary objective is to win games. Players in this league generally have played high school varsity sports and remain active in that sport; their Intramural Sports teams may even hold practices. Teams registered in the Competitive league will play to earn the All-Campus Champion title, if applicable.
The Recreational league is designed for teams whose primary objective is to enjoy Intramural Sports and to have fun; winning is secondary. Most players on these teams have not played at the varsity level and may be slightly active in the sport. Most teams that have never played together before or are first-time participants are better suited to play in the recreational league.
For some sports, an ‘Open’ league will be the only division offered as the amount of space available and number of teams dictate only one league offering. The Open league will have a mix of both competitive and recreational players.